This means in order to compile you will have to:
a) create a new project in GWT with the name com.flatown.client.g3p (this requires downloading GWT of course)
b) checkout the source code from Google Code into the src/ directory for your GWT distribution (you might have to delete the files GWT created there first)
Of course, this doesn't solve the problem of being able to use it as a Google Gadget. I was not happy with the idea of checking out the source code on my server and having to sync/recompile it every time I made changes. Nor did I like that I would have to install Java on the server in order to do this (I don't even know if I'm allowed to). My solution to this was to create a bash script that executes a simple rsync command to synchronize my local public/ directory with my server's, which isn't all that clever. Nonetheless, after all this, I finally have a comfortable development cycle.
I've also already done a decent amount of work on the gadget itself, which can now be found at:
(If you use the Google Personalized Homepage just click Add Stuff in the upper righthand corner, then click Add by URL next to the search box button and paste the above URL into the textbox that pops up)
All in all I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made. Next time I'll go into the details of the actual Java/GWT development process, which even so far could have been a whole blog entry unto itself. Anyway, back to work...